We’re Growing & Hiring !
JOB TITLE: Event Assistant (x2)
LOCATION: Sinclair House 89- 101 Royal Ave, Belfast BT1 1EX
REPORTS TO: Event Managers & Directors
SALARY: £22K – £25K commensurate with experience
We are looking for two enthusiastic, passionate, and hard-working full-time Event Assistants to join the team at Callow Event Management, a bespoke events, experience and destination management company, based in Belfast and delivering innovation and excitement across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
This individual must be able to work under pressure, have the ability to multi-task and use their own initiative. We are also looking for someone who has keen attention to detail, is forward thinking and quick to learn. Someone who is fun, polite and outgoing would also be a bonus!
As an integral member of Callow Events, the Event Assistant will work across the team supporting the experienced Event Executives, Managers & Directors in delivering a wide number and variety of projects. This is a multifaceted role that encompasses various key responsibilities:
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Event Managers, Executives & Directors as required with administrative tasks, including drafting/updating event documents, budgeting, travel coordination, meeting coordination, and general office support
- Research current event trends, new ideas, entertainment, and venues
- Maintain and update the supplier and client databases
- Contribute to the creation of exciting creative event concepts and gain on-site experience at various events
- Liaise with external suppliers and partners to ensure the seamless delivery of events
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and suppliers by monitoring and responding to client feedback and queries in a timely manner
- Continually update knowledge on events and services
- Be present on-site to ensure the effective execution of events. This involves hands-on involvement in various aspects such as setup, coordination, and troubleshooting to guarantee a seamless and successful event
- Organise and prioritise your workload effectively, using our project management software ASANA and demonstrate a proactive approach to meeting deadlines
Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, with additional evenings and weekends as required
- 3rd Level Qualification, preferably in Marketing or Event Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in organizing events individually or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of key components in project management and event planning.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in documentation; excellent oral and written communication skills
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar event or administrative role
- Full UK driving licence with access to a car during employment
- Proficient in the use of design software such as Canva or InDesign
- Continuous guidance and support from the events team
- Fun and creative working environment
- Dynamic and ever-changing workplace with each project differing from the next
- Opportunity to work with some of the UK’s most prestigious brands, clients, and businesses.
- Great prospects for promotion and growth within the company
- Convenient city centre car parking
- Financial Bonus Scheme
- Company pension
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme and in bi-annual employee team building days
Please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 27th October. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you !